Social Innovation Unconferences
The inaugural Social Innovation Sydney event was a BarCamp that was part of LiveFutures 2010, and it brought together many minds who are now working towards social innovation. And Social Innovation Sydney ceased activity on 5 Nov 2017.
It’s like a day camp, you don’t need your sleeping bag, you can go home at the end of the day.
Our society has seen incredible growth and progress in industry, technology and communication. Social Innovation is the process of inventing, securing support for, and implementing novel solutions to needs and problems.
- overcrowding and congestion in our cities
- fragility of our resources and natural environment
- disconnection, stress and loneliness
- obesity in the western world whilst extreme poverty and starvation in the third world
- mental health issues
- an education system that sometimes does not nurture our most creative and brilliant minds
- dissemination of our indigenous cultures
This Unconference is an open conversation where anyone can share a:
- story or an idea
- presentation on something they are passionate about
- cause they would love to rally support for
- conversation topic to discuss
Join the conversation; follow us on Twitter at @sibsyd and use the hashtag #sibsyd so we can keep track of conversations.